Insomnia and Pain


The frustrating combination of insomnia and pain has me in a really bad mood today.  I think I may have gotten at least 4 hours of sleep, but of course those 4 hours were filled with crazy, stressful dreams.  I feel like a zombie and I have so much to do today, which includes keeping up with my writing.  Writing while mentally and physically exhausted is difficult to say the least.  The words just disappear and the black wall goes up.  I think it took me 3 minutes just to write those two sentences.

Days like this make me despise being sick and make me angry to think of all the people who don’t believe Fibromyalgia is a real illness.  We struggle every day just to try and live a life that is considered normal, while so many people think we’re taking the easy way out.  Living with any chronic illness is NOT easy and it doesn’t give us an “excuse” to be lazy because when you have a chronic illness, most of the time, you don’t feel well enough to be lazy.  Most of the time there is no comfortable and there is no rest.  It’s just a vicious cycle of pain, exhaustion and frustration.

Sometimes I wish my life was a little easier and that I could be a little more “normal”, but this fight has made me strong.  That strength is why I got out of bed this morning and why I’ll I get everything done that I need to do today even though I know tonight may be another frustrating night of pain and sleeplessness.  I’ll keep on keeping on, because that’s what I do and I hope all of you are able to do the same.

I hope everyone is having a good day/night.  *Gentle Hugs and Lots of Love*


0 comments:

Post a Comment